Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design


CHASE GAME INSTRUCTION-
 Don't let FIDO get you!!!!

Use the arrow keys to avoid FIDO!

You earn 1 point every 3 seconds not touching FIDO!

Earn 15 points before the times up!

... GOOD LUCK

PLATFORMER INSTRUCTIONS- 
Beat the timer!

Reach the blue square then move on to the red square!

Use to arrow keys to move!

... GOOD LUCK

Hey guys its me so if you haven't already go check out my games above. So recently we have been experimenting with Scratch coding, and those are the two game I have been working on. It has been really awesome. So the first thing i am going to be talking about is the experience I have had with games and how it affect my game, well first of all my hatred from a buggy game led me to make sure my game wasn't bugging out on my players, I mean who likes a buggy game, nobody right. So one other thing was to make my game completely possible to win cause I just hate it when you just play a game and it is impossible to win.

So in my game designing I didn't want to games to be the same you I design them totally differently by have one kind modern city, the other was designed to be like a colorful future theme. Also i wanted the games to be a different, work differently and overall be unique.

11 comments:

  1. First of all I like the giant dog, I know this isn't something I shouldn't be mentioning but, come on, who can't enjoy Fido?
    However, there is no way to win, or at least you have to wait to find out if you lost, and while it's probably a visually good idea to have him stand up it's weird for him to always just stand up.
    I enjoyed how there was an end, which was a refreshing difference to the last game I played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the back round and the players I would have never thought to put Fido in this scratch game.
    I have a couple things to say first I think you should make the dog a bit smaller, and you should say what you need to do to be able to win the game.
    I really liked how everything was really creative and that no one really did this type of theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like how you have fido big and the player has to run away from him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your game and how the runner says "Oh Noooo, it's Fido!" I think you should make the game harder by making the dog move a few more steps, and if you do, make the dog smaller. Although there are some things to correct, I give your game 10\10!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job your sprite jumped pretty smooth, maybe you could add more to your y axis, But great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked how smoothly your sprites moved. Maybe you could put a little bit more time so that we have a little more of a chance. Other than that, iI liked your game set up! 10/10

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome platform game! You're sprites moved really smoothly. One thing you should work on is how the level goal changes, even when you haven't reached the blue square yet. I think you can use a "if touching color___" block to customize when the level goal changes. What I really like though it how you added speech bubbles to explain how to win. It made the game really clear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mike! I liked how smoothly the game moves. I think that we don't have enough time to actually win the game so maybe you could extend it a little longer. I also really liked the colors, they match well together and overall look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like how smoothly your sprite moves. However I think that you could wait until I got to the blue box to get the red box, and add more time to the timer. Overall, I think that you did a really good job. Keep up the good work Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the colors you had like look nice the way the colors looked together. But maybe you should make the time longer and it was sort of laggy with the gravity but don't worried I had that last problem too. But overall the game was cool and everything seemed to fit together which made it move and look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your game was really fun to play
    To get to the red box I didn't have to use the platforms
    Your themes were really creative

    ReplyDelete